The Winters Beach Cardi by Andrea Mowry is a beautiful cabled cardigan that is knit from the bottom up. Once the body is knit to the shoulders, the sleeves are picked up and knit in. It also has pockets done as afterthought pockets. This lovely open cardi will be your go-to winter sweater!
In this class you will encounter all sorts of fun techniques such as the cable cast-on, 3-needle bind-off, and cables (with or without a cable needle), as well as basic knitting skills such as knit, purl, increases and decreases. You should have a good comfort level with knitting basics, be familiar with charts (or ready to learn!), and be familiar with basic sweater construction.
- Winters Beach Cardi pattern by Andrea Mowry (available for purchase in the shop through Ravelry)
- DK weight yarn (1142-2352 yards, depending on size of sweater)
- Circular needles size US 6 (4.0mm) and US 8 (5.0mm)
- Cable needle (Class will show you how to make cables without one, but you can use one if you'd like!)
- Stitch markers and row counter
- Smooth waste yarn for afterthought pocket
Winters Beach Cardi
$ 50.00 for three 2-hour sessions. Materials are extra and must be purchased at Chicks With Sticks (20% discount offered on class materials).
Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm Wed, Sep 8, 2021 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm